Ten questions from me for the Sarawak State Legislative Council meeting from 20 - 29 June 2011.
1. To ask the Honourable Minister of Industrial Development to state:-
i) the number of companies which had been approved to set up aluminium smelting plant at the Samalaju Industrial Park, Similajau, Bintulu ,
ii) the names of these companies and their equity structures,
iii) the proposed production capacity of these plants at the start of their operations and by when,
iv) their eventual production capacity and by when,
v) the status of the Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) studies for these companies,
vi) how many are still in the process of applying and with due considerations.
2. To ask the Honourable Minister of Industrial Development to state, on the construction of the polycrystalline silicon plant at Samalaju Industrial Park, Similajau, Bintulu,
i) the number, production capacity and schedule for the life of the plant(s)/project(s),
ii) the manufacturing stages of the plant(s) and its technologies,
iii) the effect on the environment and human health from the plant(s) pollutant emission/heavy metal emissions during the manufacturing stages,
iv) whether an EIA had been approved for the project,
v) what is the cost and amount of the electricity which will be sold to the plant,
vi) the down streams industries which can and are being planned to be set up, for the local, to benefit directly from the plant if any, if not why ?
3. To ask the Honourable Minister of Industrial Development to state with regards to the proposal to build nuclear power plants,
i) whether such plant will be built in Sarawak, if so, where,
ii) the rationale for building such plant in Sarawak,
iii) in view of the huge electricity supply available in Sarawak and the inherently dangerous nuclear plant technology whether the government will reject such proposal out right.
4. To ask the Honourable Minister of Social Development and Urbanisation to state
i) the extent of the rural-urban migration for all age groups, by gender, race and regions in Sarawak,
ii) the reasons for such migration,
iii) the problems arise from such migration for these rural migrants,
iv) the measures taken by the government to help these rural migrants to overcome their problems,
v) the measures taken by the government to tackle the urban situations as a result of the influx of the rural migrants.
5. To ask the Honourable Minister of Social Development and Urbanisation to state with regards to women from China entering Sarawak,
i) the types of visas which they were given for entry and their duration of stay,
ii) a break down by age group and the number of them entering Sarawak for the past five years,
iii) were there any violations found on them with regards to the entry conditions, if so, how many, if not why ?
iv) what measures is the government taking to ensure that their entries match with the conditions of entry.
6. To ask the Honourable Minister of Social Development and Urbanisation to state the names of all the ongoing programmes implemented in the state that are aimed to help the poor, women and the elderly.
7. To ask the Honourable Minister of Rural Development to state with regards to the post of Tuai Rumah and Tuai Kampongs in the state,
i) the total number of Tuai Rumah and Tuai Kampong in the state,
ii) the total number of them who had been confirmed and the reasons for those who are not confirmed,
iii) the amount of their present monthly allowance as compared to that of other states in the country.
8. To ask the Honourable Chief Minister to state,
i) the students to teacher norm ratio for a secondary school class room so as to enhance maximum learning,
ii) what is the average number of student to teacher ratio for the urban secondary school in Sarawak and what is that for the semi urban secondary schools,
iii) what are the plans of the government to bring the unfavorable students to teachers ration in the over crowded schools, especially like the case of SMK Bintulu in Bintulu, Sarawak.
9. To ask the Honourable Minister of Urban Development and Tourism to state,
i) the total number of drain manhole with no covers for each of the commercial centres in Bintulu,
ii) and for each of those in the housing estates in Bintulu,
iii) the length of time of these drain covers which had been missing in each of the above mentioned area,
iv) the reasons for the drain covers to be missing,
v) the measures that had been carried out to ensure all drain manhole are provided with covers in Bintulu.
10. To ask the Honourable Chief Minister to state,
i) The number and categories of crimes for all divisions of Sarawak in the past five years.
ii) The reasons for the increase for the concerned categories of crimes,
iii) The measures that had been taken by the police to reduce the concerned crimes and by what percentage and time frame,
iv) The percentage increase in police personnel in each of the crime categories in Sarawak for the past five years.
Chiew Chiu Sing.